Systems Engineer (Industrial Automation), Richmond, VA
If you’re a Systems Engineer with a strong MES background and a variety of industrial experience (OEM or SI candidates preferred) who’s ready to take on independent projects, but enjoys a thriving team environment, you could be the next member of E-Merge’s Richmond, Virginia team!
- #1 Requirement – Solid experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (4-5 years or more).
- Experience in system design, workflow and programming
- Web programming, (e.g.: Python, JAVA, PHP, HTML)
- MES/OEE – GE Plant Apps
- Familiarity with industrial network and security protocols (e.g. SSL, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, etc.)
- Historian databases (Wonderware, GE, etc.), relational databases (MS Access, MS SQL Server)
- Virtualization and Networking (e.g. VMWare, Cisco, etc.)
- Visualization (Qlik, Tableau, etc.)
- 4 Year undergrad in Computer Science, or equal skills, training and experience.
- All candidates must meet one of these requirements to be considered: (1) Must be a US citizen or permanent resident; (2) Must already be in the United States with a valid work visa, or certain student visas; or (3) Must meet the requirements for nonimmigrant NAFTA Professionals.
- Ability to design, implement, install, and troubleshoot industrial systems
- HMI programming (e.g.: FactoryTalk View, InTouch, Cimplicity)
- Familiarity with PLCs (e.g.: Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens)
We’re seeking a systems engineer with MES skills that include domain expertise in a variety of verticals such as food & beverage, chemicals and/or pharmaceuticals. A qualified engineer will be capable of designing an entire system and managing a project within an industry domain from start to finish with some oversight. A qualified candidate is capable of and responsible for:
- Executing a single large project and/or multiple smaller projects within a specific timeline and budget
- System design and programming
- Working with clients to ensure completion of projects
- Applying domain expertise to a project solution
- Coordinating and managing other engineers and technician resources assigned to project
E-Merge Systems, Inc. is a growing industrial automation solutions provider with significant experience in specifying, designing, and implementing systems for a wide variety of industries, with specialties in water/wastewater treatment, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and discrete manufacturing. Our projects deal with PLC based control systems, SCADA, MES/OEE and web based reporting to name a few.
E‑Merge Systems has a strong book of business and will continue our growth trend of the past several years. Our team of talented engineers’ respects and demands strong ethics, enthusiasm, and a constant drive to excel. We offer opportunities to work on challenging projects that encompass a variety of technologies.
We demand excellent performance and attitude, and our competitive salaries reflect that. Our package of benefits includes health, dental, and life insurance, short-and long-term disability, EAP, 401K, flexible spending or health savings accounts, discretionary and profit sharing bonuses, tuition reimbursement for courses in our space, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
E-Merge Systems, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.