Project Manager / Control Systems Engineer, Fredericksburg VA
Technology is an evolving ecosystem and we’re looking life-long learners! Join our team in Fredericksburg, Virginia supporting a rapidly expanding client base in Northern and Western Virginia and the greater DC Metro area. Focus your talents to effectively manage resources, clients and vendors. This role is for a working manager who will guide projects through their entire life cycle and ensure client retention and satisfaction.
- Undergrad in EE, ME, Computer Science, or equal skills, training and experience
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience including:
- Demonstrate leadership skills to manage project resources, including engineers, technicians, contractors and consultants
- Meet project goals with strong budget and schedule attainment
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask, managing multiple projects and balancing workloads
- Successfully coordinate with other offices and project managers
- Build and maintain strong client relationships by understanding their needs and meeting expectations
- Ideal candidates will conceptualize, design and implement process control systems while facilitating team success. A strong preference will be given to those with a focus on the water/wastewater market sector with significant project management experience, including:
- Project scheduling in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Project estimating, budgeting, invoicing and proposal preparation
- At this time, all candidates for positions in our United States offices must meet one of these requirements to be considered for employment: (1) Must be a US citizen or permanent resident; (2) Must already be in the United States with a valid work visa, or certain student visas; or (3) Must meet the requirements for nonimmigrant NAFTA Professionals.
- Local and regional travel is required.
- Experience with SCADA/HMI programming (Rockwell FactoryTalk View SE, Schneider ClearSCADA and Wonderware), historian and relational databases
- PLC programming: Allen-Bradley CompactLogix, ControlLogix, Schneider Modicon, and Siemens
- PMP and/or P.E. certification
WELCOME TO E‑MERGE SYSTEMS, INC.: A growing Systems Integrator with 23 years of experience specifying, designing, and implementing industrial automation systems for a wide variety of industries, E‑Merge has generated a strong book of business and will continue our growth trend with specialties in water/wastewater treatment, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, discrete manufacturing, and energy.
We are a team of talented professionals that respect and demand strong ethics, enthusiasm, and a constant drive to excel. We offer opportunities to work on challenging projects that encompass a variety of technologies. Our projects deal with PLC based control systems, SCADA systems, and web-based reporting in the areas of packaging, process control, facilities monitoring, water and wastewater treatment.
We demand excellent performance and attitude, and our compensation package reflects that, including competitive salaries, health, dental, and life insurance, short-and long-term disability, EAP, 401K, Flexible Spending/Health Savings/Dependent Care Accounts, discretionary and profit-sharing bonuses, tuition reimbursement for courses related to our space, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
E-Merge Systems, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.