Controls Engineer, Richmond, VA
Looking for a new work home? Consider what I love about my job…
Do you crave collaboration – we’ve got it! Want a modern workplace fostering work/life balance & healthy lifestyles – that’s us! Want to bike to work, have walking meetings, or bring your dog for a visit – we’re the place! Walk to work through cobblestone streets to a turn-of-the-century neighborhood surrounded by a modern business community. Stroll the capital, the canal walk, or enjoy a concert for lunch. Wrap up most weeks with happy hour in our storefront office. Most of all, jump on board with a caring work family and great profit sharing! Come check us out.
- 4 year undergrad in EE, ME, Computer Science, or equal skills, training and experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience including:
- PLC programming, (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, GE Fanuc, etc.)
- SCADA/HMI programming (e.g. FactoryTalk View, InTouch, Cimplicity, iFIX, Citect, etc.)
- Ability to design, implement, install, and troubleshoot industrial process control systems
- At this time, all candidates for positions in our United States offices must meet one of these requirements to be considered for employment: (1) Must be a US citizen or permanent resident; (2) Must already be in the United States with a valid work visa, or certain student visas; or (3) Must meet the requirements for nonimmigrant NAFTA Professionals.
Experience with historian and relational databases, Visual Basic, SQL Reporting Services, networking for industrial applications, virtualization with VMware and Hyper-V, packaging/material handling and process control are desired, but not required.
E-Merge Systems, Inc. is a growing industrial automation solutions provider with significant experience in specifying, designing, and implementing industrial automation systems for a wide variety of industries, with specialties in water/wastewater treatment, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, discrete manufacturing, and energy. E-Merge Systems has generated a strong book of business and will continue our strong growth trend of the past several years. We are looking for a Controls Engineer to be based in Richmond, VA.
We are a team of talented engineers that respect and demand strong ethics, enthusiasm, and a constant drive to excel. We offer opportunities to work on challenging projects that encompass a variety of technologies. Our projects deal with PLC based control systems, SCADA systems, and web based reporting in the areas of packaging, process manufacturing control, facilities monitoring, and water/wastewater treatment.
We demand excellent performance and attitude, and our competitive salaries reflect that. We offer a complete package of benefits including health, dental, and life insurance, short-and long-term disability, EAP, 401K, flexible spending accounts, discretionary and profit sharing bonuses, tuition reimbursement for courses related to our space, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
E-Merge Systems, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.