Control Systems Engineer, Newark, DE
Technology is an evolving ecosystem and we’re looking for life-long learners! Focus your talents on Rockwell and Schneider PLC and HMI platforms, and enjoy a variety of other technologies in a continuous learning environment. This position will be based in Newark, Delaware area, but our engineers are part of a mutually supportive team which requires occasional travel out of region, including inter-office support, startups and client emergencies.
- Undergrad in EE, ME, Computer Science, or equal skills, training and experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience including:
- PLC programming: Allen-Bradley CompactLogix, ControlLogix, Schneider Modicon, and Siemens
- Ability to design, implement, install, and troubleshoot process control systems
- All candidates for this position must: (1) be a US citizen or permanent resident; or (2) meet the requirements for nonimmigrant NAFTA Professionals. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- Local and regional travel is required. All candidates must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle suitable for carrying the tools and equipment necessary for their work. E-Merge provides standard IRS mileage reimbursement rates for this travel. Though much travel is in local commuting distance, national and international travel is possible.
- Experience desired with SCADA/HMI programming (Rockwell FactoryTalk View SE, Schneider ClearSCADA, Wonderware and iFix), historian and relational databases, Visual Basic, SQL Reporting Services, networking for industrial applications, virtualization with VMware and Hyper‑V.
- Prefer industrial experience in water/wastewater, packaging/material handling & process control.
WELCOME TO E‑MERGE SYSTEMS, INC.: A growing Systems Integrator with 23 years of experience specifying, designing, and implementing industrial automation systems for a wide variety of industries, E‑Merge has generated a strong book of business and will continue our growth trend with specialties in water/wastewater treatment, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, discrete manufacturing, and energy.
We are a team of talented professionals that respect and demand strong ethics, enthusiasm, and a constant drive to excel. We offer opportunities to work on challenging projects that encompass a variety of technologies. Our projects deal with PLC based control systems, SCADA systems, and web-based reporting in the areas of packaging, process manufacturing control, facilities monitoring, and water/wastewater treatment.
We demand excellent performance and attitude, and our compensation package reflects that, including competitive salaries, health, dental, and life insurance, short-and long-term disability, EAP, 401K, Flexible Spending/Health Savings/Dependent Care Accounts, discretionary and profit-sharing bonuses, tuition reimbursement for courses related to our space, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
E-Merge Systems, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.