Control Systems Engineer, Northern VA
Technology is an evolving ecosystem and we’re looking for life-long learners! Join our team supporting clients in Northern and Western Virginia and the greater DC Metro area. Much of your work will be performed from our offices (either Richmond or Fredericksburg), but our engineers are involved from design to implementation, providing client-facing support with occasional out of region travel including startups and client emergencies. Focus your talents on Rockwell and Schneider PLC and HMI platforms, but enjoy a wide variety of other technologies and a continuous learning environment.
- Undergrad in EE, ME, Computer Science, or equal skills, training and experience
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience including:
- PLC programming: Allen-Bradley CompactLogix, ControlLogix, Schneider Modicon, and Siemens
- Ability to design, implement, install, and troubleshoot process control systems
- All candidates for this position must: (1) be a US citizen or permanent resident; or (2) meet the requirements for nonimmigrant NAFTA Professionals. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- Local and regional travel is required. All candidates must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle suitable for carrying the tools and equipment necessary for their work. E-Merge provides standard IRS mileage reimbursement rates for this travel. Though much travel is in local commuting distance, national and international travel is possible.
- Experience desired with SCADA/HMI programming (Rockwell FactoryTalk View SE, Schneider ClearSCADA and Wonderware), historian and relational databases, Visual Basic, SQL Reporting Services, networking for industrial applications, virtualization with VMware and Hyper‑V.
- Prefer industrial experience in water/wastewater, packaging/material handling & process control.
WELCOME TO E‑MERGE SYSTEMS, INC.: A growing Systems Integrator with 23 years of experience specifying, designing, and implementing industrial automation systems for a wide variety of industries, E‑Merge has generated a strong book of business and will continue our growth trend with specialties in water/wastewater treatment, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, discrete manufacturing, and energy.
We are a team of talented professionals that respect and demand strong ethics, enthusiasm, and a constant drive to excel. We offer opportunities to work on challenging projects that encompass a variety of technologies. Our projects deal with PLC based control systems, SCADA systems, and web-based reporting in the areas of packaging, process manufacturing control, facilities monitoring, and water/wastewater treatment.
We demand excellent performance and attitude, and our compensation package reflects that, including competitive salaries, health, dental, and life insurance, short-and long-term disability, EAP, 401K, Flexible Spending/Health Savings/Dependent Care Accounts, discretionary and profit-sharing bonuses, tuition reimbursement for courses related to our space, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
E-Merge Systems, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.