Control Systems Engineer, Northern VA
Looking for a new work home? Jump on board with a caring work family and great profit sharing! Check us out.
We’re searching for a Controls Engineer to service clients in the Northern Virginia region. While you’ll report to our Savage, Maryland office, and work at client sites in the NoVA and DC Metro area, telecommuting for off‑site work is a viable option.
- 4 year undergrad in EE, ME, Computer Science, or equal skills, training and experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience including:
- PLC programming, (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, etc.)
- SCADA/HMI programming (e.g. FactoryTalk View, WinCC)
- Ability to design, implement, install, and troubleshoot industrial process control systems
- At this time, all candidates for positions in our United States offices must meet one of these requirements to be considered for employment: (1) Must be a US citizen or permanent resident; (2) Must already be in the United States with a valid work visa, or certain student visas; or (3) Must meet the requirements for nonimmigrant NAFTA Professionals.
Experience with historian and relational databases, Visual Basic, SQL Reporting Services, networking for industrial applications, virtualization with VMware and Hyper-V, water/wastewater, packaging/material handling and process control are desired, but not required.
E-Merge Systems, Inc. is a growing industrial automation solutions provider with significant experience in specifying, designing, and implementing industrial automation systems for a wide variety of industries, with specialties in water/wastewater treatment, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, discrete manufacturing, and energy. E-Merge Systems has generated a strong book of business and will continue our strong growth trend of the past several years.
We are a team of talented engineers that respect and demand strong ethics, enthusiasm, and a constant drive to excel. We offer opportunities to work on challenging projects that encompass a variety of technologies. Our projects deal with PLC based control systems, SCADA systems, and web based reporting in the areas of packaging, process manufacturing control, facilities monitoring, and water/wastewater treatment.
We demand excellent performance and attitude, and our competitive salaries reflect that. We offer a complete package of benefits including health, dental, and life insurance, short-and long-term disability, EAP, 401K, Flexible Spending/Health Savings Accounts, discretionary and profit sharing bonuses, tuition reimbursement for courses related to our space, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
E-Merge Systems, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.