Posted on July 14, 2017
At E-Merge, our goal is to transform operations and empower people. We provide innovative, data-driven technology solutions for the industry’s most complex problems. Our customers lean on us to protect and connect their critical assets with their people.
And that is where you come in.
E-Merge, powered by GrayMatter, is dedicated to a team environment with the best talent our industries have to offer. Our organizational cultures express a team-oriented environment and encourage a successful future with vast learning opportunities. Our team understands that our core values are critical to our success and make our company stand above the rest. Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork make up our DNA.
Every day our team is doing amazing things such as:
- Protecting the nation’s water supply
- Improving US manufacturing operations
- Monitoring the nation’s power and oil & gas production
- Keeping our critical infrastructure safe from cyber attacks
Can you see yourself doing this every day? Joining our team means being a part of a culture that lives by its core values. Our goal is to make a difference where it counts.
We are looking for Control Systems Engineers in Richmond and Virginia Beach, VA with specific experience in PLC programming to join our team! This position will focus on managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to detail, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The persons in these positions will take work seriously, have a strong sense of duty, and be disciplined. The position will generally be task oriented, requiring someone with a conservative, careful, and cautious approach to work.
In developing the skills of our engineering team, our ultimate goal is that they be able to design an entire system and manage a project within an industry domain from start to finish with minimal oversight. Qualified candidates for junior level positions are responsible for:
- Working with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- Completing project tasks with minimal oversight while meeting timeline and budget goals
- Coordinating resources as needed, including occasional direction of subcontractors
- Applying domain expertise to a project solution
- Undergrad in EE, EET, ME, MET, Computer Science, or equal skills, training, and experience
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Excellent level of general computer technology knowledge, from gSuite and MS Office to TCP/IP configurations and more
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience including:
- PLC programming: Schneider Modicon, Allen-Bradley CompactLogix, ControlLogix, Schneider Electric, and Siemens
- Ability to design, implement, install, and troubleshoot process control systems
- Basic understanding of Electrical Schematics
- This position requires travel, and all candidates must have reliable transportation available to them in order to get themselves, tools and equipment to job sites as necessary for their work.
- At this time, all candidates for the Virginia Beach, Virginia office must be US citizens. (Able to meet qualification requirements to work on projects for state and federal agencies – no secret clearance required.). For the Richmond office, exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Background check and pre-employment drug screen
- AutoCAD or Drafting experience
- Telemetry experience preferred (GE MDS)
- Networking experience (Ethernet IP, Modbus, etc.)
E-Merge Systems, LLC has joined forces with Gray Matter Systems, LLC – check out our story online: https://graymattersystems.com/graymatter-acquires-emerge-systems/
E-Merge, powered by GrayMatter, is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.